Positions AvailableMaintenance Position Loves Park Water Department
Maintenance Position Description:
The Loves Park Civil Service is taking applications for a field maintenance position. Starting salary: $20.69/hr. Applications are available at Loves Park Civil Service Commission, c/o Clerk’s Office, City of Loves Park, City Hall, 100 Heart Boulevard, Loves Park, IL. Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. on June 1, 2018. The position requires multiple job duties across a wide range of services provided to the community. This is a fulltime, bargaining unit position with Local 150 Operating Engineers. This position requires on-call availability and the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, quick learning, and ambitious. This position also requires the ability to perform physically strenuous tasks.
Position primary duties:
- Fulfill service requests
- Service line repair
- Water main repair
- Fulfill J.U.L.I.E locate requests
- Flush water main annually
- Repair/replace fire hydrants
- Perform routine maintenance at wells
- Weekly well readings as needed
- Chemical batching as needed
- Assist with snow and ice removal
License or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License or have the ability to obtain a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsement
- Class B Water Operator’s License preferred
- Must have a high school diploma/GED
- Preferred experience in a municipal water supply setting with excavation background
- Preferred experience with snow removal and salt spreading
- Preferred experience with public interaction and customer service
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check
- Ability to pass post-offer drug screening test
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical exam
- Would be required to work Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a rotating on-call schedule of Thursday to Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Weekends would be required while on-call
- Schedule may vary depending on management needs
- Written test on Saturday June 9, 2018, at 8:00 a.m.
- Oral interviews by the Commission on June 11 and June 12, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- The scores of the components of the testing will be given the following weights: 70% for written test and 30% for oral interview